Sunday, January 29, 2012

Anyone stay in Inner Harbor Baltimore, MD before?

My husband and I want to go away for our 1 year wedding anniversary. A couple friends of ours suggested going to Baltimore. I went there when I was really little before but don't remember too much about it. Are there any hotels with rooms with jacuzzis? I've been looking online and haven't found any yet. Also, what are some good restaurants? Any suggestions...Anyone stay in Inner Harbor Baltimore, MD before?
I imagine that a lot has changed since you last came to Baltimore. Ever since the Baltimore Orioles baseball club moved into their current stadium back in 1992 the inner harbor area has since really built itself up, to the point where it is the biggest tourist area of Baltimore. Then the Baltimore Ravens and had a stadium built for them right next door to Camden Yards.



The First Mariner arena is just blocks away (also known to locals as the Baltimore arena), and there are a couple of concert venues Powerplant Live (outdoor) and Rams Head Live (Indoor) at Market place which is also just a few blocks away.



The inner harbor itself is just crawling with shops, restaurants/bars. There is a little tourist mall, there is the ESPN Zone restaurant, a Barns and Nobles bookstore, etc.



The last time I was down at the inner harbor, I was with a bunch of co-workers we took time to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. You may think this is just a desert place, it's actually a full-service restaurant that sells itself off of it's deserts, and does a BOOMING business everyday. When I was there, we were one of the first people to get into the restaurant and let me tell you the place filled up quick and the line backed up. If you want to look into the Cheesecake Factory, here's a link for you. http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/Loca鈥?/a>



As far as restaurants go if you like Italian, like New York City Baltimore has it's own Little Italy section, also right by the inner harbor. I have been there before. I used to go with family members and eat at a place called Vallegia's (forgive my spelling). It used to be a really nice upscale restaurant, but to my understand it has changed ownership from the original family. I just haven't been back since, but I have heard good things about another restaurant there called "Chiaperelli's" and there are numberous places over there you can check out.



As for hotels, I live in the suburbs. I really have no reason to be checking out the hotels downtown, but there are plenty of them. You wanted one with a jacuzzi. I don't know what your price range but on a quick search I did find one link for a hotel that does offer jacuzzis, but I'll just say this doesn't appear cheap. http://www.harbormagic.com/AdmiralFell/a鈥?/a>



Well I hope this helps, good luck and I hope you two enjoy your time in Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment